Sunday, March 2, 2014

Chicken Enchilada Casserole Freezer Meal

When I married my husband his mom made me these delicious enchiladas! It's a lot easier to make a casserole than individual enchiladas. I love it!!

What you need:

Boneless chicken breasts (about 4)
2lbs of Monterey Jack Cheese
2 big cans of chopped olives
2 big cans of diced green chilis
2 family sized cans of cream of chicken soup
1 family sized can of cream of mushroom soup
Corn tortillas
Large tub of sour cream

Preheat oven to 450 and cook 30 min covered and 15 min uncovered.
Tonight I used the George Foreman to cook the chicken but sometimes I bake it.

In a large bowl mix all of the cans up. Looks somewhat like this. Normally I mix everything but the tortillas in the bowl but this makes a lot and I wanted to make some to eat tonight and some to freeze.
So after I mixed the soups and such my hubby shredded the cheese in a separate bowl.
Basically this is a "layer" meal. Layer in the soup mixture...
Cheese on top of that....
Now layer shredded chicken on the cheese. I shred the chicken by putting it in the mixer and using the bread hook or dough attachment and turn it on. It shreds itself. Like magic saves so much time!
Next step is putting a layer of tortillas. I just tear them and place them on top. Repeat the layers one more time.
Here are the two pans I made. One to cook one to freeze.
Finished product! YUM! It usually isn't this crisp. This time it is because I didn't cover it before cooking it because the pan was so full and I didn't want the cheese to stick on the foil. It tasted yummy!!
Hope you enjoy! This is one of my favorite meals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment