Friday, February 28, 2014

Dump Cake

Yes, DUMP CAKE! Not the most attractive name for one of the best desserts I have ever had! I have a friend who cannot have some types of dessert due to a food allergy so when she came by my house with this little gem I just HAD to have the recipe. I was so shocked at how EASY it is to make.

Here we go.

For this recipe I use:

1 box of cake mix (I have white pictured but we have used yellow before)
2 sticks of butter (I only had one at home so I had to use some softened stuff we had for spreading) use BUTTER not margarine.
1 can of pie filling ... not the small one...(I used cherry for this one but blueberry is great too.)
1 can crushed pineapple... once again not the small can...
Whipped topping
and a 9in x 13in pan
Preheat the oven to 325*

The prep is so very easy. Open the can of pineapple and DUMP it into the pan.
Open the pie filling and spoon it into the pan on top of the pineapple.
Spread the DRY cake mix on top of the pie topping and pineapple. I use a fork and scoop it out and kind of shake it out over the top of the mixture. Then I even it out by gently tapping the cake mix with the fork.
So my picture of this next step isn't pretty. I needed 2 cubes of butter but alas this will have to do. So I cut the cube into thin squares. When I have enough butter I place these squares end to end and cover the top of the cake mix with butter.
 Bake in the oven you preheated to 325* for an hour.
YUM right? So very easy and when you taste it you will thank me :) It's sweet and rich so small servings are advised. Top with whipped topping and enjoy! Leave a comment if you tried this and let me know how it worked for you.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my famiy's favorites and mine because it's so yummy and easy. Pair with some vanilla ice cream and.... Delish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've used ice cream as well! It's fantastic! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete