Sunday, January 19, 2014

Simple Shredded Chicken Tacos

Ok so here is a really quick post about what I made for dinner tonight. I forgot to take pictures at the beginning but I hope you will get the idea.

Tonight I pretty much took two things I know my hubby and I like to each. Chicken baked in salsa and tacos.

Here's what I used

4 small chicken breasts
about a cup of Pace Picante Salsa
1 tomato
Lettuce
Shredded Cheese
Corn Tortillas

Ok so I started by preheating the oven to 400*. I bake the chicken in a glass pan with the salsa. I just spray a little cooking spray at the bottom of the pan and then place the chicken in the pan and cover with some salsa. I use frozen chicken breasts and they were thin so I had to bake for 60 minutes. If you use thawed chicken you could cook for 45 minutes and then check it.

When the chicken was done cooking I shredded it. I came upon a simple way to shred your meats. I used to have to use forks and rip it up. Not anymore. Now I just put it in my Kitchen Aide with the dough attachment (that's what I think its called). It shreds it to the perfect consistancy.
You can use the juices to add more flavor but I just left mine in the pan.
While the chicken was cooking I prepped the other food.



I then heated the tortillas up and made my tacos. I decided not to have lettuce on my tacos but my hubby enjoyed the works. He even had me add blue cheese dressing to his.

I loved this simple meal. It was a perfect blend of rather healthy foods.

Let me know if you tried it and what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment